Thursday, February 24, 2011

Back to where it all began

Siem Reap was great.  The town was a lot bigger and more happening than I expected.  I kind of just thought it would have Angkor Wat and thats about it, but it had a night market, tons of restaurants and a huge amount of fancy hotels.  I got sick two different times in the five days we were there, so not a ton of luck with the food.  The temples were fantastic.  Definitely everything they are talked up to be.  I will post some more pictures soon of my adventures in Cambodia.

But for now, I'm back in Chiang Mai!  I love this city even more than I remember.  I got here yesterday morning and I've already done some of my favorite things from last time I was here.  Its so nice to be somewhere and know your way around a bit.  My dad gets here in a few hours and I'm excited to show him around.  We will stay for a few nights and then head to Laos.  I'll be sad to leave Thailand, but excited for Laos as well. 

not much to write for now.  check back on facebook for my photos

2 comments:

  1. Hi Em!!!!! Have soooo much fun with your dad :) I'm so happy he is coming and you get to experience this together. Love you and miss you tons!!! xoxo, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emma,

    Maybe you can try to get in touch with Conrad now that you are back in Chiang Mai.
    So glad that your travels are going well and that you'll be with your Dad soon! Have fun and be safe!

    xo
    Molly

    ReplyDelete