Friday, May 20, 2011

Last day on earth?

So i heard on the news a few days ago that May 21st, the world was going to end.  A little crazy seeing as i'm over 10,000 miles away from home.  I of course think this is pretty silly, but in the back of my mind I kind of think..."hm is this true"?  Anyhoo, on a lighter note, new zealand is still going fabulously.  A few days ago I did a wine tour with a friend from my travel bus to the Marlborough region.  Its world famous for their sauvignon blanc.  Its what Helen and I drink all the time in the summer, so I had to go on a tour, it was just as great as it is on my roof, Heren!

I'm in Wellington right now which is supposed to be the San Francisco of New Zealand.  I wouldnt go that far, nothing can quite compare to my wonderful SF :), but it is a very nice city on a bay.  I hope to be able to come back to NZ sometime in the next few years.  I know its pretty easy to get a working visa, so I wouldnt be opposed to coming and working here for a few months and seeing it all again in the summer time.  I've had a lot of activities planned that have been cancelled because of the weather, so being able to do those again would be awesome.  One of the things I was supposed to do was to swim with dolphins, and was quite devestated when that got cancelled.  I'm headed to the very north part of NZ in a few days and am going to try that one again.

The end of the trip is coming very soon, i'll be back on us soil in less than three weeks.  I was going to do a road trip with Sara from SF to Indy, but she's now signed up for summer school so i'm taking volunteers for anyone that wants to join in on a road trip across the states at the end of June....anyone, anyone?  STACEY???

Missing you all and hope you're having a great start to the summer season.  NZ is nice and cold so i'm excited to come home to some warmer weather!!

1 comment: