Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Who knew this could be such hard work?

Australia is really starting to wear me out. The expense of everything and the moving constantly to different places is gettig hard. It was work in Asia of course, but when there were tuk tuks everywhere wanting to drive you places for cheap it was easier. Oh well, on a positive note...I loved Sydney!

I met James and Nicole at their hostel which turned out to be fantastic. It had free wifi and breakfast and my dorm room was nice and quiet! We did some exploring and saw the harbor bridge, opera house, and bondi beach. We had an amazing sunny day so we got a much needed beach day. We also did a tour of the blue mountains which are called that because of the haze that the eucalyptus trees gives them. It's what I picture the grand canyon looking like thousands of years later. It's very beautiful. J&N left for Melbourne and I spent another nice day in manly- a town a ferry ride away.

Then off to Melbourne! I didn't plan that so well because I had about 5 days I'm Sydney and 10 in Melbourne, should have split it up better. I like Melbourne, it's more artsy here and a little more grunge than Sydney. Tonight I'm headed to Adelaide for two days then I'm off on a three day tour of the great ocean road. Then to new Zealand I go!!

I'm missing home more lately. Sad I'm not getting to see any of pregnant Sarah and have been thinking about being back more and more. I miss everyone and look forward to seeing you all again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment