Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Safe and Sound in Chiang Mai

I'm here!  after a fairly easy flight to hong kong, I took a flight to bangkok which was a little rocky.  once i was in bangkok i had a 6 hour layover, plus my flight was delayed an hour.  So i got into Chiang Mai around 8pm.  Anna and Stacey were waiting for me there and we headed back to the guest house.  I showered and Stacey and I got dinner at a great Thai place then we went to this Jazz bar that they go to every tuesday night.  Its an open mic set-up on tuesdays and they have local people just come play on stage.  it was a cool feel and there were tons of Americans there.  There's actually tons of white people everywhere, australians and europeans mostly.  Its pretty easy to get around because there is english on all the signs and most people can speak a little bit.  I just got my cell phone activated as well so hopefully i can start being in touch.  We all slept almost 12 hours last night which was amazing since I only slept maybe 5 on my flight over here.  Today Stacey had to work so Anna has just been showing me around the city.  Its not too big and there's a moat surrounding the entire city, so its pretty easy to get around.  Tonight we are going to a night bazaar which is just booths set up with food and shopping.  We are planning on staying here until Sunday then heading south towards Bangkok!

hope to update soon

1 comment: